Congratulations for recognizing that incentives are an important element of success. An analysis conducted by the International Society for Performance Improvement found that on average, long-term incentive programs yield a 44% performance increase, and employee objectives were surpassed, met, or partially met 92% of the time. In other words…incentives work!
Here are 10 sure fire incentives you can use to motivate individuals as well as entire departments.
1. Pick the Schedule (no cost) Everyone loves the chance to pick the days/shifts they’re going to work. Your folks will go crazy for the chance to arrange a week that matches their family and friend activities.
2. Lunch of their choice ($) Food is a great motivator for most people. Watch how the staff reacts when you pick up and deliver to their desk their favorite lunch. This is an easy and fun way to motivate your staff.
3. Breakfast of champions ($) Providing a winner breakfast is an fun way to give someone an extra 15 minutes to get ready for work.
4. Pizza party ($) A pizza party is great for the times when you want to incentives the entire staff. Be sure to include cheese sticks, soda, and brownies. That way you’ll satisfy everyone’s needs.
5. Discounts on product (no cost) This perk may be the easiest for a retailer to establish. Offer workers a percentage off on any product you sell. The real beauty is that you’ll ensure your staff are using the products they sell. Design this one right and you’ll get your manufacturer to help cover the costs.
6. Gift cards ($) Who doesn’t like a dinner out on the boss? Unlike cash that typically gets used to cover bills and buy food, a gift card provides pleasure every time.
7. Preferred Parking (no cost) The gift for someone who has everything. Some people will really respond to the idea of having their own parking space for a day, week or even a month.
8. Event tickets ($$) How about treating someone to dinner and an upcoming concert or sporting event with someone?
9. Tablet or other new technology ($$) Watch your staff scramble as they do whatever’s necessary to win the new iPad, TV, or other fun gift you prepare.
10. Press Release (no cost) Consider how your staff will feel when they see their name in the paper. Imagine how your customers will feel learning about the skills and talents of your salesperson. The press release incentive is definitely a win win.
You can download a PDF version of our 10 Sure Fire Incentives by clicking here